First and foremost, the Centre for Advanced Research in Ethics and Applied Ethics (CARMAE) is a research organization focused on advancing its main fields of expertise, i.e., Applied Ethics and Strategic Management. We are especially interested in developing or participating in research projects with high value for society at large, organizations and professions. Our members and external collaborators have extensive experience in various types of projects, both with private and public funding, and regularly are part of international multidisciplinary research teams.
Besides the research component, CARMAE is actively engaged in public policy formulation and analysis, in advocating for better legislative projects, in improving organizational cultures and internal ethics & compliance mechanisms, in promoting integrity and professionalism in various areas. Consequently, our work includes a public side, where we serve as Ethics Experts in various commissions, councils and other overseeing bodies.
- Ethics & Compliance Management in Romanian Private and Public Organizations (MECOPP Ro 2009-2012)
- Ethics & Compliance Management in Romanian Private and Public Organizations (MECOPP Ro 2012-2020)
- Responsible Organisations (RESP 2014-2017)
- Ethical Challenges in Emerging Advertising Practices (ECEAP 2015-2018)
- The Moral Brain. Making Ethical Decisions in Problematic Situations (M 2016-2018)