The Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics (CARMAE) is engaged in and carries out research into various topics relevant to the business sector, authorities and other institutional actors, as well as academia and civil society. We have a strong academic background, but we are also highly involved in organizations and professions from a practical standpoint.
This section refers to all our publications resulted both from research and consulting services. Given the fact that our work is not funded from public funds, most of the publications are not free of charge. This is one of our financial resources and we consider a gesture of respect towards our work if someone pays for it. All publications funded through donations and sponsorships are free of charge.
Types of publications and their formats
• Academic Research – include research articles and books that deal with both Moral Philosophy and Applied Ethics. All books are grouped in 3 editorial projects: Ethics in Professions and Organisations / Etica în profesii și organizații | Fundamental Texts of Moral Thinking / Texte Fundamentale ale Gândirii Morale | Varia. Articles are published mostly in journals and volumes that do not have anything to do with our Centre.
• Scientific Journals – refer to two biannual publications: “European Journal of Applied Ethics“, “Responsibility. A Journal of Ethics in Organizations, Professions, and Society“, and “Ethics & Compliance Magazine”.
• Blue Papers – include all sorts of reports, surveys and research papers that assess practices, situations and their contexts, as well as policies and their implementation.
• Background Papers – also known as White Papers, provide an expert position on a certain topic and aim to serve as a base for policy making both in governmental and business affairs.
• Briefs – are documents occasioned by a certain situation in society, in business, in politics etc. and provide an expert point on the issue at stake, but without involving an extensive assessment.
• Best Practices & Guides – are regular publications that illustrate the best practices on a certain topic. Their purpose is to help both the general public and the professionals from a certain field understand what is desirable from an ethical point.
• Case Studies – represent a collection of situations that can serve as educational material for those interested in Applied Ethics and Strategic Management.